Some people wonder what exactly we do. Here is a sampling of our work for all kinds of businesses from soloprenuers to Fortune 100 companies.
General Corporate Counsel
- An international energy company engaged us to negotiate engineering and constructions contracts
- Technology clients hired us to draft and negotiate hundreds of high volume Master Service Agreements, bank guarantees, and real estate transactions
- An R&D and defense company trained key employees on corporate risk policies and contracting procedures, FCPA and anti-bribery compliance, and export controls.
- An energy services company engaged us for all aspects of buying and selling divisions within the organization. We performed the due diligence investigations, negotiated asset purchase agreements, and managed ownership transition.
- Fortune 100 technology company hired us to negotiate large capital projects, including EPC contracts, government contracts, and IP licensing agreements.
- High-growth IT and data security services company engaged us to draft and negotiate Master Service Agreement, key supplier agreements, employee retention agreements, convert LLC to a minority owned business, manage insurance, and counsel throughout entry into new markets.
- Life sciences company engaged us to negotiate joint venture with global distributor for new product development and distribution.
- Transportation cooperative association hired us for formation, board training and development, policy creation, navigating City code, and creation of business owned by >600 members.
- Publicly funded nonprofit organization engaged us to investigate and prosecute embezzlement of >$200K by key employee.
- Hundreds of new organizations have hired us for strategic formation and structural development: for profit, B corps, hybrid structures, nonprofit organizations and obtained tax exemptions.
- Served on several Boards of Directors and active member of Impact Austin.
Successful Business Transactions
- Commercial real estate lease transactions and guarantees in aggressive real estate markets for small and large businesses.
- Secured notes and perfection of security interests.
- Investor-ready organizations and negotiations with potential investors.
- Founder exits.
- Standard Terms & Condition of sale or warranties.
- International distribution agreements and export controls.
- Key employee retention, NDAs, employment matters.
- Dissolve business partnerships, including dentist transferring interests in dental practice; cofounder and major shareholder in company’s request for his resignation and buyout; hostile takeover.
- Creation of healthcare professional services businesses.
- Physician's retirement due to disability.
- Franchisee formation, negotiation of franchise agreement, and corporate loan documentation.
- Buying or selling a family owned business.
- eCommerce and Internet businesses, dealing with privacy, harassment, IP theft and enforcement.
- Non-compete agreements - negotiation and enforcement.
- Cease and Desist.
- Responding to Public Information Requests.
Energy Services, Financing & Large Capital Projects
Healthcare -- Physicians, Dentists, Practice Management, Partnerships, IT Services
Life Sciences and Pharmaceutical R&D and EPC
Software Engineering & Licensing
Artists & Creative Entrepreneurs
Hospitality -- Hotels, Restaurants, Bars, Franchises
Retail & eCommerce
Transportation Service Providers & Rideshare
Women-Owned, Minority-Owned, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Business Certifications