We are pleased to announce that we're accepting resumes for the following position:
Scheel Legal Contract Attorney
Corporate, IP & Real Estate Attorney (& Special Projects)
2-4 years’ experience
$50 - $75/hr DOE
Position Type: Independent Contractor
Open date: August 23, 2017
Close date: September 13, 2017
Interviews: October 2 - 13, 2017
Kickoff date: October 20, 2017 or TBD
About the Role:
The candidate's primary responsibilities include: technical drafting, reviewing and negotiating essential corporate governance documents and ancillary business agreements with for-profit and not-for-profit organizations. Trademark counsel, research and filing new applications. Some legal research may be required. Meticulous eye for detail and editing required. Special projects may include writing blog posts or professional papers for Scheel Legal's use.
Helpful if candidate has experience with preparing essential documents for:
- Charitable Organizations
- 1023 preparation for 501c3 and 501c4 Organizations
- Cooperative Associations
- Legal Cannabis
- Commercial Real Estate
- Trademarks & IP licensing
- Master Service Agreements
- C Corps
- Creative Businesses
- B Corps
- Public Benefit Organizations
- Social Enterprise
Requirements. To apply candidates must submit:
- References (indicating personal or professional reference and context of how candidate knows the reference); and
- Candidate's Transaction Summery (aka Deal Sheet for senior lawyers) detailing what kinds of corporate and transactional work candidate has seen before.
If selected for interview, candidate is expected to thoroughly review Scheel Legal website (www.ScheelLegal.com) to familiarize candidate with firm.
- Texas or Oregon Bar Admission preferred; other states considered, CA or WA given second preference.
- Background Check
- Reference Check
- Signed Independent Contractor Agreement
- 3-week notice to terminate
- Confidentiality (including client identity)
- 1/2 Hour Weekly Video Checkin on Fridays at Regular, Standing Meeting Time (or Biweekly, at Scheel Legal’s discretion)
About Scheel Legal:
Scheel Legal is exclusively dedicated to and experienced in working with startup and business owners, entrepreneurs, and 501c3 founders. We help clients form and protect valuable businesses, create useful contracts, and make the best day-to-day decisions. We also help clients grow their business, and prepare for a profitable exit or successful change.
Our website does not currently reflect it but (thought it will soon!) Scheel Legal is a team of 4, 3 attorneys and 1 corporate paralegal. Scheel Legal has offices in Oregon and Texas, and has clients in Ashland, Bend and Portland, Oregon, and Austin, Dallas, Houston and San Antonio, Texas.